Poptart Makes a Sandwich Poptart Makes a Sandwich

Wouldn't a poptart eat itself?

The animation sequenced with the music amused me :)

They Launched a Probe They Launched a Probe

Great music, great animation!

Really nice tune, and really nice video to go with it! The animation seemed a bit slow to me, but it was very well done. Synced with the song perfectly, and didn't repeat itself too often. Very cool :) Just -1 because no loader and would have preferred it didn't run on a loop (but had a "Replay" button at the end).

Jerry and The Closet Jerry and The Closet

Excellent!

Brilliant animation quality, great voice acting, funny and great plot :)

Rot Rot

This is some voxel zombie slaying loveliness!

Lost Outpost Lost Outpost

Such a great game! Love the set pieces (especially the first explosion - chase - giant bug sequence) and the way it swaps between the space station and the planet. Great effects and sounds too. Loads of attention to detail everywhere. Losing half a star because I played in full-screen for the first 15mins and had to check mail, so jumped out of full-screen and the game was totally black and can't be played any more (even though you can shoot/hear it running) :)

Squize responds:

Thanks for the great review mate, you got in there early :)
The bug you mentioned is a Chrome / Pepper pot one, it's a known thing, and for once a bug which isn't my fault.

Test Test

The code and all graphics other than the player sprite (and baddie) come from us and should really have been credited as such.

However I really like your level design, and it's good to see someone took our tutorial and used it to make a game, so 3 stars for now but I'd love to see you take this further in your own direction and ideally replace all the art eventually (because let's face it, it looks nothing like a Mage's quest at all)

For anyone else who wants to make a platformer like this the source/tutorial/gfx are here: http://www.photonstorm.com/archives/2 247/flash-game-dev-tip-12-building-a-
retro-platform-game-in-flixel-part-1

MyNameIsWhaaa responds:

yeah thanks for that. the art is just a big task and I used the code to learn what everything does so my next project is to start from scratch all this was was a test to see how people liked the animations of the sprites.