Rot Rot

This is some voxel zombie slaying loveliness!

Lost Outpost Lost Outpost

Such a great game! Love the set pieces (especially the first explosion - chase - giant bug sequence) and the way it swaps between the space station and the planet. Great effects and sounds too. Loads of attention to detail everywhere. Losing half a star because I played in full-screen for the first 15mins and had to check mail, so jumped out of full-screen and the game was totally black and can't be played any more (even though you can shoot/hear it running) :)

Squize responds:

Thanks for the great review mate, you got in there early :)
The bug you mentioned is a Chrome / Pepper pot one, it's a known thing, and for once a bug which isn't my fault.

Test Test

The code and all graphics other than the player sprite (and baddie) come from us and should really have been credited as such.

However I really like your level design, and it's good to see someone took our tutorial and used it to make a game, so 3 stars for now but I'd love to see you take this further in your own direction and ideally replace all the art eventually (because let's face it, it looks nothing like a Mage's quest at all)

For anyone else who wants to make a platformer like this the source/tutorial/gfx are here: http://www.photonstorm.com/archives/2 247/flash-game-dev-tip-12-building-a-
retro-platform-game-in-flixel-part-1

MyNameIsWhaaa responds:

yeah thanks for that. the art is just a big task and I used the code to learn what everything does so my next project is to start from scratch all this was was a test to see how people liked the animations of the sprites.

Outpost:Haven Outpost:Haven

It's all the best bits from Alien Breed

I simply love this game. It's like a modern re-working of the classic Alien Breed. Great graphics work, suitably freaky audio if played with the volume up, some lovely attention to detail (I won't give any spoilers away, but I dig the aliens who hide in the darkness).

The weapon upgrade system is still a little confusing (I didn't see it tell me I could only have 2 perks active at once, so when I maxed out my current weapon I was a bit peeved) and I've yet to find an incentive to change from the default gun with FMG :) But all in all this is a class game. I don't care about the "pace" of it. This isn't some 5 min fix. You have to actually play it to get the most from it and that's no bad thing.

CycloManiacs2 CycloManiacs2

Sets a new benchmark for Flash games!

This is one hell of a monster epic game. All the hidden mini-games are genius. The worlds, the levels, the riders to unlock. Even if you don't like this style of game you can't help but admire the incredible amount of work and content in here.

Mouth Mouth

Lovely!

Really well animated and great visuals, if a little on the small side - feels like a banner ad game for a non-smoking campaign or something :)

Alien Squad Alien Squad

Cute pixel art, too laggy to really play though

Looked cool but so slow and laggy :( Also how on earth I got a 28 hit combo even though I was losing health by the monsters attacking me, I've no idea.

The Final Banana Peel The Final Banana Peel

Not bad, but some serious flaws

To me it looks like you've taken a shmup and edited a few sprites to make them look shite (banana peel, stickmen, etc). Or maybe there is some kind of shmup flash game maker that you've changed? I don't know, but it feels like that because the SWF embed size is totally wrong, the graphics are terrible other than the background sprites, which makes me feel like they are from somewhere else entirely.

As a shmup goes however it's quite ok! Good smooth scrolling, solid blasting action. The enemy wave patterns are dire however, the loss of power-ups on death is a torture and the whole thing just feels a bit clunky. Would be curious to know where the original shmup this game seems to be based on is from.

BattleWire16K BattleWire16K

Great fun for 16k

Getting this much game into 16k is great. Lovely vectors. Enjoyed the plane and tank action!

The Snow Runs Red The Snow Runs Red

Not bad for a Smash TV clone

Considering this is basically Smash TV (without the same production values) it's pretty good. I really didn't like the 8-way firing, felt it should have been 16-way at least. Presents = weapon power-ups was cool, and I liked the combined task of having to defend the tree and shoot the kids. Graphics were ok, title page especially cool, in-game it got a lot more blurred and messy though. Music was fitting. Enjoyed the upgrade system too, but once I had died I didn't feel like trying again as I felt I'd seen all there was it had to offer.